Dear Reader...

7:08 pm

This is the start of what will be my millionth attempt at blogging (or possibly the 5th attempt, but who is really counting?), lucky you, dear reader.
Yes I am, in fact, calling you "dear reader", which does remind me of Jane writing in Jane Eyre and yes it does feel vaguely ‘old timey’ but there we are. 
Anyway.
This is my place on the internet where I will hopefully find my own unique writing style, and is somewhere I can share my life experiences with people, hopefully making some friends along the way. I don’t have many hobbies, so I’m hoping this could become one.
My husband swears I’m interesting, and people would most definitely want to read my blog and watch my Vlogs (if I ever make any). I can’t help but think he is biased, but I’m doing it anyway, because it looks like fun and it is something I have always wanted to try.
Here are a few key facts about me, that I think will relate to this blog’s content and direction.
I am a female and I am 22, nearly 23.
I really like to bake, and will probably make too many posts with too many pictures of my baking creations as I will be so darn proud of them!
I have a 2:1 BA Hons Degree in English and Film, although you might not be able to actually tell from my writing, something that I want to work on!
I have two chronic illnesses: Endometriosis and Fibromyalgia, they suck.

I am recently married, to a man I have been with since I was 16 years old, and who has been my best friend for almost all of that time.

We are the proud owners of a gorgeous Border Terrier named Watson, who can be a little shit at times, but is almost always up for a snuggle!

In a week or so from when I write this, we will be moving back to our hometown, to our very first house. This is both exciting and scary in equal doses, as I never ever imagined we would move from the city back to ‘that place’.  (Side note:  I have lost touch with many of my friends back in my hometown [many through choice], although I still have one or two good ones, so that makes the move a little more daunting).

I have already left my job as a retail sales assistant here in the city, and will not be looking for a job straight away, and so will effectively be a ‘housewife’. This is a weird concept for me, as when I imagined my life, this is not exactly the way I thought it would turn out. I have a 2:1 BA Hons degree in English and Film, and I imagined that I would be doing some kind of cool job in a publishing house, or a digital media based company.
The reason that I am not even going to look for a job straight away is due to the fact that I have two chronic illnesses – Fibromyalgia and Endometriosis (If you have any questions about what they are you can feel free to ask in the comments, and I will probably cover what they are in later posts if you want to wait!).
Working as a sales assistant really took its toll on my health, and so I need the time to recover and get a bit healthier (read: lighter) before I will be able to look for another job. This actually makes me panic a bit, because I don’t want to miss out on having an awesome career, just because of my crappy health, and I can already feel people judging me because I won’t be working and will be relying on the support of my husband and family (who by the way, are really the most supportive people I could ever ask for, I honestly don’t know what I would do without their love and support).
Anyway, I will be a young housewife, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing at all, it's just very different to what I originally wanted for myself, and it is a bit hard to adjust to because it doesn’t totally feel like my choice.
So I said a few key facts and this kind of turned into a huge ramble about this new chapter in my life! If you read this far you get a smile and a gold star from me.
I will end it here for now, and will be back soon. I haven’t come up with a signature sign off, so this will have to do for now:
Until next time,
The Little Spoonie  ❤

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images