A Quicky...

1:23 pm

Hello Dear Readers,


Today I write to you from the salon chair, can you tell I love the blogger iPhone app?! I'm having a girls day with my mum, and we are both getting our hair coloured, then going out for lunch! Last night the lovely Debbie came and did our nails, she has been doing our nails for ages and even did our nails for my wedding! So all in all its been quite a titivating few days! I am certainly feeling like 'a lady who lunches' this week! ;)

So now you have had that terribly interesting update, on with the actual post. :p

Today I want to share with you the food-related epiphany I had this week.

As I have mentioned I have two chronic illnesses, and sometimes they leave me very fatigued, occasionally even bed- or couch-ridden. This usually leads to a lack of eating any kind of nourishing food during the day whilst Scott is at work (as I don't have my wonderful 'mummy' staying with me to look after me), so I don't usually eat well till Scott comes in and is able to make us a nice dinner! 

Cue my food epiphany: chicken and tomato pasta! This week I found this filling lunch that I think I would be able to rustle up on my super bad days! Now I'm not saying that everyone will be able to do this on bad days, or even at all, so please no feeling bad if you can't! But, I wanted to share it with you in case it works for you! 

So, these are all the ingredients I used:

- A tub of tomato and marscapone sauce that you can put into the microwave (I used Asda's own)

- Cooked sliced chicken breast (it comes in a packet, so you don't need to do it yourself)

- Brown pasta 

- A little salt and olive oil for the pasta water

- Parmesan (totally optional, but I love my Parmesan!). You can either get a block, or the grated kind! 

The method!

This time I cooked both the pasta and the sauce on the hob, because I wasn't feeling too bad. I simply boiled the water in the kettle, chucked that in the pot with a little salt and oil, and put the pasta in according to the packet instructions.

I put the sauce in another pot and gently heated it up, it got a little too hot and started sticking to the pan so I added a little of the pasta water to it to sort it out. I then chopped/tore up the chicken into little bits and popped it in the sauce to warm through. After the pasta was cooked, I popped it in with the chicken, mixed it through and sprinkled Parmesan over the top and - voila! 

In order to modify it for low spoon days, I would heat the sauce in the microwave according to the instructions and then bung the chicken in for about 30 secs to warm through! And then combine as usual!

Here is what mine looked like: 


Yummy!

Until next time,
The Little Spoonie  ❤


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images